Re: BUG #2958: ERROR: 53200: out of memory

From: Jorge Flores <jflores(at)uax(dot)es>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #2958: ERROR: 53200: out of memory
Date: 2009-02-01 12:28:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On windows, this could be the cause:

I cannot run with more than about 125 connections at once, despite
having capable hardware:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_windows.html#4.4

"Out of memory" error message appears when you have a large number of
programs running
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;126962&x=9&y=11
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;184802&x=7&y=13

Unexpected behavior occurs when you run many processes on a computer
that is running SQL Server:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;824422&x=5&y=18