Install Problem

From: CONDLEJ(at)chplink(dot)chp(dot)edu
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Install Problem
Date: 2001-08-30 17:31:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have narrowed my install problem to as follows:
I am running Solaris 2.7
I am running Postgresql -7.1.2
My installation fails right after running ./configure right after untar the
distribution.

From what I can read from the log it fails at
gcc -o conftest conftest.c -lreadline
ld: fatal: library -readline: not found

I then ran it with --without-readline as was suggested in another post.

I then get this error
Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
optreset /var/tmp/cc8bnjqR.p
ld: fatal : Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

The last two days have been my first experiance with postgreql. I am more
familiar with Oracle. Please help have been all over the net looking for help
on this.

Joe