Re: pgsql: Add support for temporary replication slots

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add support for temporary replication slots
Date: 2016-12-12 15:55:44
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
>> Add support for temporary replication slots

> Some of the slower buildfarm members are failing test-decoding-check since
> this went in. At least on prairiedog, it looks like a race condition in
> the test:

Having now looked a bit more closely, that's almost certainly what it is:
the test is assuming that the old backend exits instantaneously, which
it doesn't. You might want to borrow the wait-for-previous-session-to-die
loop I put into src/test/modules/test_extensions/sql/test_extensions.sql
recently. (Make sure you get the fixed version ;-))