Re: Resolving the python 2 -> python 3 mess

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Corey Huinker <corey(dot)huinker(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Resolving the python 2 -> python 3 mess
Date: 2020-02-25 19:57:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here's an updated pair of patches that attempt to fix the MSVC
scripts (pretty blindly) and provide a very simple regression test.
I'm not too sure whether the regression test will really prove
workable or not: for starters, it'll fail if "2to3" isn't available
in the PATH. Perhaps there's reason to object to even trying to
test that, on security grounds.

I set up the MSVC scripts to default to building the stub extension.
I don't know if we really want to commit it that way, but the idea
for the moment is to try to get the cfbot to test it on Windows.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-add-convert-python3-extension-2.patch text/x-diff 11.0 KB
0002-add-stub-plpython2-2.patch text/x-diff 22.0 KB