Re: PGTTY?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGTTY?
Date: 2003-03-05 21:36:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Is the so-called debug TTY functionality that you can set in libpq in
> various ways still existing? I can't seem to activate it and the code
> doesn't show much reference to it.

(a) I believe the TTY option is disabled in the normal postmaster
context, on the theory that it's a security hole. The switch is
probably still accessible for a standalone backend.

(b) I'm not sure it does anything anymore anyway. Didn't you rip out
the support for it in elog.c? All it was was code to redirect stderr
during startup.