pgadmin-1.6.0 fails to connect and gives no error why (even with logging set to debug).

From: "Lenard, Rohan (Rohan)" <rlenard(at)avaya(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgadmin-1.6.0 fails to connect and gives no error why (even with logging set to debug).
Date: 2006-11-20 23:51:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I'm trying to use pgadmin-1.6.0 to connect to a server that is over a VPN
and the initial connection / password validation can take as long as a
minute. pgadmin fails to connect, but doesn't even pop up a dialog to say
there's a problem.

I've turned logging on pgadmin up to DEBUG but all it shows is something
weird ..

2006-11-21 10:47:24 STATUS : Connecting to database... (21.00 secs)

2006-11-21 10:47:24 INFO : Destroying pgConnBase object

In the client the connection is left closed after the connection is failing.

It works fine for servers without this long connect delay.

Also - I couldn't find anywhere to tweak the connect timeouts - I tried
setting an environment variable to do it - but it didn't seem to change the
behaviour.

Thx,

Rohan