Re: conflict txns in serialization isolation

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Yi LIN <ylin30(at)cs(dot)mcgill(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: conflict txns in serialization isolation
Date: 2004-07-23 20:26:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Yi LIN <ylin30(at)cs(dot)mcgill(dot)ca> writes:
> Does anyone have the same problem as I? I am using postgresql7.2

Nope, not even in 7.2.

I kinda suspect that you are getting confused by JDBC autocommit
behavior and are having transactions commit when you thought they
were still open. But without a complete example it's only speculation.

Your first gripe might also be explained by supposing that the
transactions are actually in read committed mode, and not serializable
mode at all.