Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-core <pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Date: 2015-05-29 20:01:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> * Bruce Momjian (bruce(at)momjian(dot)us) wrote:
>> I am unclear if we are anywhere near ready for beta1 even in June. Are
>> we?

> I'm all about having that discussion... but can we do it on another
> thread or at least wait til we've decided about the back-branch
> releases? They are clearly the more important issue to consider.

It's the same discussion though, ie what releases are we expecting to
get out in the next couple of weeks.

It's possible that we ought to give up on a pre-conference beta.
Certainly a whole lot of time that I'd hoped would go into reviewing
9.5 feature commits has instead gone into back-branch bug chasing this
week.