Re: pg_init_privs corruption.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Floris Van Nee <florisvannee(at)Optiver(dot)com>
Cc: Kirill Reshke <reshke(at)double(dot)cloud>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_init_privs corruption.
Date: 2023-02-17 20:37:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Floris Van Nee <florisvannee(at)Optiver(dot)com> writes:
> This is as far as I can see the same case as what I reported a few years ago here: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/1574068566573.13088%40Optiver.com#488bd647ce6f5d2c92764673a7c58289
> There was a discussion with some options, but no fix back then.

Hmm, so Stephen was opining that the extension's objects shouldn't
have gotten these privs attached in the first place. I'm not
quite convinced about that one way or the other, but if you buy it
then maybe this situation is unreachable once we fix that. I'm
not sure though. It's still clear that we are making ACL entries
that aren't reflected in pg_shdepend, and that seems bad.