Re: commenting sql code

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno(dot)leveque(at)net6d(dot)com>
Cc: joseph speigle <joe(dot)speigle(at)jklh(dot)us>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: commenting sql code
Date: 2004-02-20 14:42:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno(dot)leveque(at)net6d(dot)com> writes:
> In your example you must use \i and not \e

On investigation, this is actually a bug in the way \e works --- when
the file is read back into psql, it's effectively treated as a single
line, and so the comment kills more than you'd expect. I am amused to
realize that the bug is fixed in CVS tip, as a completely unintended
consequence of the flex rewrite I just did ...

But I agree that \i not \e is the preferred way to invoke a SQL file
that already exists. I am not sure if that's what Joe was trying to
do or not.