Re: BUG #3516: Incomplete #ifdef statement in s_lock.h

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dirk Tilger <dirk(at)miriup(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3516: Incomplete #ifdef statement in s_lock.h
Date: 2007-08-06 15:04:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dirk Tilger <dirk(at)miriup(dot)de> writes:
> FYI: we also apply the attached patch to postgre, so that the
> 'configure' script would not add the -mp1, when -mp was already
> specified. From the manual:

There is absolutely no chance that we will accept this patch, as it is
known to break Postgres.

I suggest also that you reconsider the wisdom of using -no-gcc to
compile Postgres, as there are quite a lot of places where we generate
better code if we think it's gcc. There is no hint in what you showed
that there is any binary compatibility issue between gcc and -no-gcc
modes, so even if you have some other piece of code that fails without
-no-gcc, that's still not a reason to build Postgres that way.