Re: pgsql: Add utility functions to PLPerl: quote_literal,

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add utility functions to PLPerl: quote_literal,
Date: 2010-01-20 04:19:05
Lists: pgsql-committers

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>> Thanks for the fix. Are you just referring to whitespace changes in the
>> docs, or elsewhere? Tim mentioned in his patch submission that he had
>> removed some unnecessary trailing white space in the docs. Maybe that's what
>> you're referring to.

> Yeah, that's it. Perhaps I was premature to complain about that part
> of it - I am not a fan of trailing whitespace.

There is a great deal of trailing whitespace in the SGML files --- I
suspect that some people use editing tools that tend to generate such
stuff. Maybe we could try to get rid of it at some quiet time, like
when we run pgindent. Personally I try to remove any that's in a
section I have reason to change, but it seems better not to touch
unrelated parts of the file ...