Where to find information about implementing full-text-search

From: "Gellert, Andre" <AGellert(at)ElectronicPartner(dot)de>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Where to find information about implementing full-text-search
Date: 2003-12-08 09:31:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,
we upgraded our PostgreSQL from 7.2 to 7.4, because we want to use the
enhanced full-text searches,
which should be build in now.
I can't find any informations how to implement an optimized search in the
docs ....
Today the search feels like " fieldvarchar30 ~* '^VALUESTRING.*' " ,
is the full text search based on special indizes, a special table type or
whatever ?

A link to start search would be fine,
bye,
Andre Gellert