Re: Not receiving ml posts

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Marc Fournier <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not receiving ml posts
Date: 2006-11-16 11:09:39
Lists: pgsql-www

- --On Thursday, November 16, 2006 01:41:18 -0500 Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
wrote:

> Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net> writes:
>> The number of posts I've been receiving from the pgsql mailing lists
>> I'm on has significantly dropped off.
>
> In the same line --- Elein told me yesterday that she's been bounced
> from all the PG mailing lists. What's going on there?

Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=varlena.com type=MX:
Host not found, try again

DNS issue somewhere, but it looks like its only affecting her that I can tell:

mx2# nslookup sss.pgh.pa.us
Server: 200.46.204.13
Address: 200.46.204.13#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: sss.pgh.pa.us
Address: 66.207.139.130

mx2# nslookup eastlink.ca
Server: 200.46.204.13
Address: 200.46.204.13#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: eastlink.ca
Address: 24.222.14.2

mx2# nslookup varlena.com

And its not a .com issue:

# nslookup microsoft.com
Server: 200.46.204.13
Address: 200.46.204.13#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: microsoft.com
Address: 207.46.130.108
Name: microsoft.com
Address: 207.46.250.119

I just restarted the name server(s), and same result ... I've even disabled the
change I made the other day to 'disable recursive', restarted, same result ...
so it isn't related to any change I've made recently :(

Anyone out there with more knowledge of DNS then I have any ideas?

- ----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664