Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)seespotcode(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>, PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Interval aggregate regression failure
Date: 2006-09-01 02:14:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> I am unclear about this report. The patch was not meant to fix every
> interval issue, but merely to improve multiplication and division
> computations. Does it do that?

According to Michael's last report, your patch fails under
--enable-integer-datetimes.

This is an issue where you have to be "as simple as possible, but no
simpler". I think the approach you are proposing is too simple.
Michael's last patch here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-08/msg00447.php
looks considerably more likely to lead to a workable answer.