Re: How many billion rows of data I can store in PostgreSQL RDS.

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: github kran <githubkran(at)gmail(dot)com>, Samuel Teixeira Santos <arcanosam(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How many billion rows of data I can store in PostgreSQL RDS.
Date: 2019-02-22 15:18:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2/22/19 4:46 AM, github kran wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 5:48 AM Samuel Teixeira Santos
> <arcanosam(at)gmail(dot)com <mailto:arcanosam(at)gmail(dot)com>> wrote:
>
> Just adding that my case it's not a Amazon RDS, it's common server,
> if I can say like that...
>
> Aplologies I missed the point to mention that this is a question to
> PostgreSQL community. We are currently using PostgreSQL. (  Aurora
> Postgres RDS). I want to know what postgresql can handle in terms of
> limitations.

Aurora Postgres is a fork of the community version:

https://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora/

"Amazon Aurora is a MySQL and PostgreSQL-compatible relational database
built for the cloud, ..."

You will need to ask the folks that created the fork(AWS) what it's
capabilities are.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com