Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ryan Lambert <ryan(at)rustprooflabs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Fix XML handling with DOCTYPE
Date: 2019-03-27 03:52:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ryan Lambert <ryan(at)rustprooflabs(dot)com> writes:
> I have two recommendations for features.sgml. You state:

>> relies on the libxml library

> Should this be clarified as the libxml2 library? That's what I installed to build postgres from source (Ubuntu 16/18). If it is the libxml library and the "2" is irrelevant, or it it works with either, it might be nice to have a clarifying note to indicate that.

Do we need to mention that at all? If you're not building from source,
it doesn't seem very interesting ... but maybe I'm missing some reason
why end users would care.

> It seems you are standardizing from "node set" to "nodeset", is that the preferred nomenclature or preference?

That seemed a bit jargon-y to me too. If that's standard terminology
in the XML world, maybe it's fine; but I'd have stuck with "node set".