Re: problems compiling in solaris 10

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jaime Casanova <jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problems compiling in solaris 10
Date: 2017-04-09 20:47:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jaime Casanova <jaime(dot)casanova(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> I'm compiling HEAD on solaris 10 and i'm getting this warning

> float.c: In function ‘is_infinite’:
> float.c:201:2: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘isinf’
> [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

There was a previous discussion of that here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/542269E4.40406%40ohmu.fi

The discussion seems to have trailed off without any agreement to do
anything about it. The concern was basically that turning on C99
mode might cause problems worse than an apparently-harmless warning.