Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Vince Vielhaber" <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>, "Katie Ward" <kward(at)peerdirect(dot)com>, "Curtis Faith" <curtis(at)galtcapital(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Date: 2003-01-29 16:56:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> I'll admit my methods were not particularly scientific, but over the
> last few weeks I've had far more grief from DB2 and SQL Server than I
> did from the PostgreSQL native betas.

My gripe had to do with questioning the reliability of the platform, not
of the Postgres port ;-).

Aside from load testing as suggested by Vince, I'd be interested to hear
what happens when you pull the power cord under load (repeatedly). This
would give some evidence about the robustness of the Windows filesystem
and its ability to emulate Unix sync semantics.