Re: Installing postgresql-8.0.0beta3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Long <mlong(at)datalong(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing postgresql-8.0.0beta3
Date: 2004-10-02 23:36:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Michael Long <mlong(at)datalong(dot)com> writes:
> I should have also included that when I do a "locate readline" I get the
> following list.
> /lib/libreadline.so.4.3

Well, you've evidently got the library, but I don't see
/usr/include/readline/readline.h, which makes me think you didn't
install the readline-devel package. You'll need that too.

The configure error is not bleating about lack of readline.h though;
it hasn't gotten that far. I suspect you are missing one of the
supporting libraries that readline needs (typically libtermcap ...
but do "ldd /lib/libreadline.so.4.3" to find out).