Re: documentation for WITH RECURSIVE

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Kretschmer <andreas(at)a-kretschmer(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: documentation for WITH RECURSIVE
Date: 2019-11-19 19:47:16
Lists: pgsql-docs

Andreas Kretschmer <andreas(at)a-kretschmer(dot)de> writes:
> it would be good if we can also add this to chapter 7.8, wouldn't it?

I don't feel a need to. 7.8 isn't attempting to define the syntax
precisely. Moreover, we've had this feature since 8.4, and this
is the first I've heard of somebody misinterpreting the syntax;
so it doesn't seem like it's a huge problem that requires multiple
explanations.

I've pushed a patch for the SELECT reference page.