Re: Curious buildfarm failures

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Curious buildfarm failures
Date: 2013-01-15 16:19:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Do you have idea whats going on? I don't really have any clue other than
> guessing it might be an compiler bug.

I'm suspicious of that too, but it's hard to see why it would manifest
like this while everything else appears to be fine. A codegen bug
triggered by elog ought to show up in a lot of places, one would think.

> Could the buildfarm owner perhaps tell us which files are left in the
> tablespace 'testspace'?

I'm betting the answer is "none", and that what's happening is some sort
of timing problem (ie, the DROP TABLESPACE somehow isn't waiting for the
checkpointer process to clean out all the just-dropped files). The
PANIC at shutdown looks like it might be some sort of doppelganger of
the same bug, ie dropped table cleaned out too early.