Re: Postgresql usage clip.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql usage clip.
Date: 2000-05-30 04:47:39
Lists: pgsql-general

> We support WIn95/98 clients, not servers.

I thought we did have a cygwin-based server port? If not, there's
a heckuva lot of useless "PORTNAME=win" conditional compilation in
the backend.

Mind you, I don't think any sane dbadmin would use Windoze as a
platform for a mission-critical application, regardless of database
engine choice. So the cygwin port is pretty much a toy IMHO.
If MySQL wants to have the toy-application market segment, they're
welcome to it.