Re: ADD/DROP CONSTRAINT and inheritance

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "Stephan Szabo" <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ADD/DROP CONSTRAINT and inheritance
Date: 2001-05-24 02:59:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> I'm not sure what you mean here, Tom - I meant that the ONLY keyword could
> be optional.

The current gram.y code allows either ALTER TABLE foo ONLY or ALTER
TABLE foo* for all forms of ALTER ... with the default interpretation
being the latter.

> At the moment we have:
> * ADD CONSTRAINT does not propagate

I doubt you will find anyone who's willing to argue that that's not a
bug --- specifically, AlterTableAddConstraint()'s lack of inheritance
recursion like its siblings have. Feel free to fix it.