Re: view on system tables upgrade?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: view on system tables upgrade?
Date: 2002-04-26 16:04:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de> writes:
> All columns of type timestamp have disappeared.
> Can somebody please give me a hint what happened.

There's a bug in the 7.2.* pg_type table, which I found just a
couple days ago: _timestamp has the wrong typelem. Since your join
assumes every datatype has an array type, it fails to find a join
for timestamp columns. (Should probably use an outer join there,
rather than assuming that.)

If you need timestamp arrays I'd suggest

UPDATE pg_type SET typelem = 1114 WHERE oid = 1115;

Unfortunately we cannot fix this in the 7.2.* series since we have no
way to fix it in the distribution short of initdb. It'll be fixed
in the 7.3 release though.