Re: Fix for win32 stat() problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix for win32 stat() problems
Date: 2008-04-09 19:48:53
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ick.

> The reason not to do so was to avoid having to do the two filesystem
> calls for *every* stat, instead just calling them both when we actually
> need to use the st_size member.

I don't think that's worth (a) the code uglification, or (b) the chance
of a bug later due to someone not knowing they need the special version
of stat(). Are there any stat() calls that are in sufficiently
performance-critical paths that it really matters? How much slower is
the second call, anyway?