Re: telnet examples

From: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: "Jason Dusek" <jason(dot)dusek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: telnet examples
Date: 2008-09-03 11:33:23
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Jason Dusek <jason(dot)dusek(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Where can I find some good examples of using telnet to talk to
> PostgreSQL directly and run SQL queries, &c.? I'd like to
> write an AIR class that communicates with PostgreSQL (right
> now, in a very limited fashion) and interactivity would help.

There are many interfaces to talk to Postgresql remotely, but telnet
is not one of them. You can use a client program over a telnet login
session? See the documentation for psql (in the postgresql docs) or
download pgAdminIII.

I'm not familiar with an air class, though, so I can't help you
directly with your problem.

Sean