Re: plpython array support

From: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: "Jorge Godoy" <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: plpython array support
Date: 2007-11-20 03:10:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On Nov 19, 2007 9:08 PM, Jorge Godoy <jgodoy(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Em Monday 19 November 2007 19:29:51 Sean Davis escreveu:
> > Just a simple question--does plpythonu (8.3beta) have support for
> > arrays? I don't see a specific mention of it in the docs, so I
> > suppose not.
>
> Arrays work for a long time now. I've been using them since 8.1, for sure,
> but I think that on 7.4 I already had code with arrays inside the database...

Thanks, Jorge. I know that postgresql supports arrays, but I still
don't see how plpython supports arrays. I noticed this post:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2007-01/msg01417.php

from January, 2007 that suggests how to use the string representation
of an array to convert to/from python arrays. This will work, but I
was wondering if there is now a true conversion from postgresql arrays
to python and vice-versa.

Thanks,
Sean