Re: BUG #1229: memory leak in backend with COPY and FOREIGN KEY

From: "Andreas Heiduk" <Andreas(dot)Heiduk(at)web(dot)de>
To: "AndreasHeiduk" <Andreas(dot)Heiduk(at)web(dot)de>, "StephanSzabo" <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1229: memory leak in backend with COPY and FOREIGN KEY
Date: 2004-08-25 18:07:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello!

After splitting the the job into smaller pieces (e.g. 18x 1Mrow) the backend process now seems to release the memory after each subjob. Therefore the trigger queue seems to be a good candidate. Until now this queue was unknown to me.

Perhaps a note in the docu of COPY FROM and in the section "13.4.2 Use COPY FROM" within "Performance Tips" would prevent other people like me doing such bad things.

Many thanks for the fast help.

Andreas Heiduk