Re: A couple of funny things happening?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Christopher Sawtell <csawtell(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A couple of funny things happening?
Date: 2001-02-26 16:28:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Christopher Sawtell <csawtell(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz> writes:
> chris=# SELECT count(number) from subject ; # Correct, isn't it?
> ERROR: ExecEvalAggref: no aggregates in this expression context

make distclean, reconfigure, rebuild...

As I've told the last couple of people to report this same symptom,
you cannot just 'cvs update' and then 'make'. At least not unless
you enabled dependency tracking in your last configure, and even that
I consider less than reliable. I always do a distclean and full rebuild
after an update.