Self-introduction

From: Jay James <jzjames(at)pacbell(dot)net>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Self-introduction
Date: 2005-01-01 03:28:05
Lists: sfpug

Dear list,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a 56-year-old
electrical-mechanical engineer at the Port of Oakland, working in the
Utilities Section. My job there is mainly asset management-- keeping
track of the lines, pipes, conduits, and meters at the Oakland seaport
and airport. Before starting with the Port in 2000, I was a consulting
engineer in private practice for 21 years. My special technical
interest is in Geographic Information Systems and other graphics-linked
databases. I like PostgreSQL mainly because of its graphical extension
PostGIS.

Jay Z. James