Re: regression test failure on 8.0.0beta1

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: verbus(at)hotmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: regression test failure on 8.0.0beta1
Date: 2004-08-13 19:46:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Verbus M. Counts" <verbus(at)hotmail(dot)com> writes:
> The problem was solved by doing a "make install" followed by "make check"

Yes, on HPUX I think you probably have to do this. We build the
executables with SHLIB_PATH disabled, so even if pg_regress knew to
set SHLIB_PATH (which it does not) the programs would not seek for
shared libraries in the temporary installation, only in the configured
final location. I think you were probably picking up an older version
of plpgsql.sl that you hadn't yet overwritten by "make install".