Removing another gen_node_support.pl special case

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Removing another gen_node_support.pl special case
Date: 2022-11-27 01:39:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I got confused about how we were managing EquivalenceClass pointers
in the copy/equal infrastructure, and it took me awhile to remember
that the reason it works is that gen_node_support.pl has hard-wired
knowledge about that. I think that's something we'd be best off
dropping in favor of explicit annotations on affected fields.
Hence, I propose the attached. This results in zero change in
the generated copy/equal code.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
remove-equivalenceclass-special-cases.patch text/x-diff 5.4 KB