Re: Add schema-qualified relnames in constraint error messages.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alex Shulgin <alex(dot)shulgin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Shulgin, Oleksandr" <oleksandr(dot)shulgin(at)zalando(dot)de>, Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add schema-qualified relnames in constraint error messages.
Date: 2016-04-03 05:14:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alex Shulgin <alex(dot)shulgin(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> What about regression tests? My assumption was that we won't be able to
> add them with the usual expected file approach, but that we also don't need
> it that hard. Everyone's in favor?

It'd be nice to have a regression test, but I concur that the LOCATION
information is too unstable for that to be practical.

We could imagine testing some variant behavior that omits printing
LOCATION, but that doesn't really seem worth the trouble; I think
we'd be inventing the variant behavior only for testing purposes.