Re: Trigger cant find function

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Graham Vickrage" <graham(at)digitalplanit(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Trigger cant find function
Date: 2000-11-14 16:05:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

"Graham Vickrage" <graham(at)digitalplanit(dot)com> writes:
> ERROR: CreateTrigger: function get_prod_cost_price() does not exist
> It is clear that it does exist so why does the trigger creation code not
> find it?

Because the code is looking for a function of no arguments, which yours
is not.

The method for dealing with arguments passed to triggers is, um, arcane
--- I think you look in an implicitly declared array named TGARG, or
something like that. You don't receive them as normal function
arguments, anyway.