Re: Removing {"="} privledges

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Fitzpatrick <robert(at)webtent(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Removing {"="} privledges
Date: 2002-10-13 04:44:17
Lists: pgsql-general

> I think the {"="} mean that nobody has permissions (except super
> users).

It means that PUBLIC has no permissions.

> If there is nothing at all if means there are no restrictions

No, that means that the relacl field is NULL, which implies default
permissions, which are typically "all access for owner, no access
for anyone else".

I think this is better explained in the 7.3 GRANT manual page than
it was before. Robert is probably looking at 6.something docs,
which were pretty poor at explaining GRANT :-(