Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson -v8
Date: 2022-05-24 18:08:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 18.05.22 21:48, Andres Freund wrote:
> - CONFIGURE_ARGS - empty in meson, not clear what to fill it with

Ok to leave empty for now.

> - GETTIMEOFDAY_1ARG - test doesn't exist - I suspect it might not be necessary

Might be obsolete, consider removing.

> - PACKAGE_STRING, PACKAGE_TARNAME - unclear if they should be implemented?

leave out for now

> - AC_APPLE_UNIVERSAL_BUILD logic - which I don't think we need?

no

> - "missing" a bunch of defines that don't appear to be referenced:

Yeah, looks like these are implicitly defined by some autoconf check but
then the result is only used within configure.ac itself, so isn't needed
afterwards.

> - meson additional defines, seems harmless:
> HAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY - only defined on windows rn
> HAVE_SHM_UNLINK
> HAVE_SSL_NEW
> HAVE_STRTOQ
> HAVE_STRTOUQ
> HAVE_CRYPTO_NEW_EX_DATA

Yeah, that's the opposite of the previous.

I don't see any other issues in pg_config.h either. Obviously, some
niche platforms might uncover some issues, but it looks good for now.