Re: force re-planning of prepared statements?

From: "Jason Minion" <jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: force re-planning of prepared statements?
Date: 2008-12-30 15:34:01
Lists: pgsql-php

If you peek at the notes section of the link to the documentation, it
states that sometimes the query plan for the prepared statement will be
inferior, because the values of the parameters are unavailable for the
planner to use. It may be more useful to try to make some explicit casts
or reorganize some of the WHERE/ON clauses to try and help the planner
ascertain types and/or values. It may also be the case that you have one
or more partial indexes on the tables, and those are not being used by
the planner because the conditions are not being met with the unknown
status of the parameters?

HTH,

Jason Minion
jason(dot)minion(at)sigler(dot)com