Re: Fix for _outAgg()

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix for _outAgg()
Date: 2008-01-09 04:08:43
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Attached is a patch which fixes an oversight in _outAgg(): the
> "grpColIdx" and "grpOperators" fields of the Agg struct were not emitted
> by _outAgg(). I don't see any good reason to omit this information.

Hmm, I think that must be my fault, but I'm not sure how it got by me
... I'm usually pretty careful about adding outfuncs support when I add
a node field. Patch looks good, please apply.

> Note that while the "grpOperators" field was added during the 8.3 devel
> cycle, the "grpColIdx" field has been around since '02 (without outfuncs
> support). So I can backpatch that portion of the patch to back branches
> if anyone feels strongly.

Not worth backpatching --- the plan node output support is only of
interest to hard-core hackers, who'd be working on current sources.