nope, still no history ..

From: D(dot)C(dot) <coughlandesmond(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: nope, still no history ..
Date: 2005-05-13 18:27:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Nope, guys: I gotta ask for your help again. :-(

I get readline 5 from freshmeat, build and install it, and then
reconfigure postgreSQL. I stop the postmaster process, and then run
make && make install.

When it's finished, I start the db, and try \s .. the result is ..

test=> \s
history is not supported by this installation

Nor does the 'up' arrow work.

Everything else is hunky-dory, but having to type relatively long
selects several times, is a pain.

Help !

D.

PS: iBook running MacOSX 10.3.9