Re: patch tester symbols

From: Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch tester symbols
Date: 2019-03-06 12:00:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 06.03.2019 13:11, Erik Rijkers wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Context: I'm trying to compile the jsonpath v36 patches (these apply
> OK), and on top of those the jsonfunctions and jsontable patch series.
>
> That fails for me (on
> 0001-Implementation-of-SQL-JSON-path-language-v36.patch), and now I'm
> wondering why that does not agree with what the patch-tester page
> shows ( http://commitfest.cputube.org/ ).

Patch 0001-Implementation-of-SQL-JSON-path-language-v36.patch from the
"SQL/JSON: functions" patch set is a simply squash of all 6 jsonpath
patches on which this patch set depends. I included it into this patch
set just for testing in patch-tester (I guess patch-tester cannot handle
patch dependencies). If you apply SQL/JSON patch sets step by step, then
you need to apply only patch 0002 from "SQL/JSON: functions" and
"SQL/JSON: JSON_TABLE".

--
Nikita Glukhov
The Russian Postgres Company