Logging corruption error codes

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Анна Крханбарова <annkpx(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, Dmitriy Sarafannikov <dsarafan(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
Subject: Logging corruption error codes
Date: 2019-06-20 09:57:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi!

We are fine-tuning our data corruption monitoring and found out that many corruption cases do not report proper error code.
This makes automatic log analyzer way too smart program.
We think that corruption error codes should be given in cases when B-tree or TOAST do not know how to interpret data.
PFA patch with cases that we have found in logs and consider evidence of corruption.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Log-corruption-error-codes.patch application/octet-stream 5.7 KB