Re: More cvs branch problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More cvs branch problems
Date: 2000-11-02 17:46:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> I do have a question -- just how much configuration (and other) changes
> occurred to REL7_0_PATCHES (since the logs seem to not be telling the
> whole story)?
> I say this because I found at least one such change -- REL7_0_PATCHES,
> unlike 7.0.2, has an '--enable-syslog' configure switch.

That's probably the only one, since by back-patching it Marc was
violating one of our standard rules: no new features in dot-releases,
only bug fixes.

To spread blame around fairly ;-), I'm afraid a lot of my own back-patch
log entries just say something like "backpatch FOO" without much detail.
There's more detail in the corresponding log entry in the development
branch, but to get that, you'll need to run cvs2cl without a branch
restriction. Sorry...