Re: select limit error in file_fdw

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select limit error in file_fdw
Date: 2018-12-16 18:10:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl> writes:
> On 2018-12-16 16:52, Tom Lane wrote:
>> However, something else occurred to me this morning, and a bit
>> later I can reproduce the problem! I did it by changing the
>> table's definition to use a shell pipeline:

> /bin/sh seems to be dash, here.

Hm. That must be the relevant difference. I just repeated the experiment
on a Fedora 28 box with reasonably up-to-date bash:

$ /bin/sh --version
GNU bash, version 4.4.23(1)-release (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu)

and it behaves the same as my RHEL6 box: no problem with the direct
invocation of unzip, problem if use a pipeline.

Anyway, we know what to do, so I'll go do it.