Re: patch to disallow zero length paths in binary (minor bug fix)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch to disallow zero length paths in binary (minor bug fix)
Date: 2007-12-17 22:25:24
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Following is a patch to force the path type not to accept a path with
> zero points. This appears to be illegal in the parser, but possible
> when sending a well formed packed in binary with zero points.

Hmm, looks like poly_recv has the same mistake.

Ideally I think it'd be a good idea if these types did allow zero
elements, but that would clearly be a feature extension more than a bug
fix, since the implications aren't entirely obvious. I concur with
disallowing the case for existing branches. Will go apply.