Re: WAL does not recover gracefully from out-of-disk-space

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Vadim Mikheev <vadim4o(at)email(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WAL does not recover gracefully from out-of-disk-space
Date: 2001-03-08 16:35:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> Was the following bug already fixed ?

Dunno. I've changed the WAL ReadRecord code so that it fails soft (no
Asserts or elog(STOP)s) for all failure cases, so the particular crash
mode exhibited here should be gone. But I'm not sure why the code
appears to be trying to open the wrong log segment, as Vadim comments.
That bug might still be there. Need to try to reproduce the problem
with new code.