Re: ECPG crash - upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.1.10

From: "Boergesson, Cheryl" <Cheryl(dot)Boergesson(at)gdit(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ECPG crash - upgrade from 8.0.3 to 8.1.10
Date: 2007-10-22 14:07:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The program below works with PostgreSQL 8.0.3, but not 8.1.10. The
error I receive is:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\testSQL.exe

way.

This happens on the "exec sql commit work" line. If I remove the
comments, it works with both 8.0.3 and 8.1.10. If I change the comments
(add a line, delete a line, etc.) it continues to crash, but sometimes
it will crash on the "exec sql begin work" line. The connection works
fine -sqlca.sqlcode is 0, sqlca.sqlstate is 0000 and sqlca.sqlwarn is
blank

I am running on WindowsXP and compiling with Visual C++ 6.0.

I ran ecpg versions 8.0.3 and 8.1.10 on the file, then compared the
created .c files. According to KDiff, the files are identical, except
for the first comment line saying which version of ecpg was used.

Here's the testSQL.pgc code:

/* add a comment */

/* and another */

/* one more */

main (int argc, char **argv)

{

printf ("connect\n");

exec sql connect to mdllt_db as mdllt_cnxtn;

printf ("connection results:\n");

printf ("code: %d\n", sqlca.sqlcode);

printf ("state: %s\n", sqlca.sqlstate);

printf ("warn: %s\n", sqlca.sqlwarn);