Re: announcing beta on pg homepage

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Emily Boyd <emily(at)tinysofa(dot)org>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: announcing beta on pg homepage
Date: 2005-08-25 06:20:23
Lists: pgsql-www

Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> That imagine looks a lot better. It occured to me that a rusty cog might
> not be the best image to associate with postgres.

Emily's gears look good to me too. One other trivial gripe: "next
version of it's software" should be "next version of its software".
(My recollection from grade school is that "it's" is an abbreviation
for "it is", which does not fit here.) Or maybe you could make it
a little less impersonal by talking about "our software".