Re: manuals

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, newsreader(at)mediaone(dot)net, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: manuals
Date: 2000-12-12 18:37:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com> writes:
> The two lines that begin with Current are links. Perhaps I should put
> it bright blinking red text with arrows pointing to it?

Yeah, that's the ticket ;-)

Seriously, I can see Bruce's point here. In my browser (Netscape
4.something) the lines that stand out are

Documentation

Version 6.5

Version 7.0

these being bold, black, and about twice as large as the rest of the
text. ISTM that the page structure you want the user to see is

Current Release Docs

multiple links here

Development Version Docs

probably just one cross-link here

Old Version Docs

multiple links here

The way you have it has all the same information, but the visual
structure of the page definitely gives pride of place to v6.5,
which is strange.