Re: one line comment style

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dan Colish <dan(at)unencrypted(dot)org>
Cc: PGSQL-HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: one line comment style
Date: 2009-10-08 16:26:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dan Colish <dan(at)unencrypted(dot)org> writes:
> I'm going through a few files and trying to clean them up for style mostly and a
> bit of refactoring. I am curious about the preferred style for a one line
> comment. I see them in both of these forms and I would like to keep it
> consistent.

> /* a one line comment */

> or

> /*
> * a one line comment
> */

I think either one can be reasonable depending on how important the
comment is, or whether you want more of a visual separation between
separate blocks of code as opposed to an in-line note.

One thing that would be worth checking before you expend too much
manual effort on that is whether pg_indent will convert one style
to the other. Offhand I don't recall that it does, but if it did
then it'd undo your work ...